OVERVIEW/ PROJECT BRIEF
Project goal was to redesign Emzor pharmaceutical’s website and make its ux better and more aesthetically pleasing.
I remembered logging into their site a couple days ago to find a certain drug and it’s details but a lack of easy to understand organization and search features amongst other things made it really difficult.
I visited the site the next day, and after a few minutes I noticed a couple other issues. I decided to redesign the website.
This was a redesign project, objective was to restructure the site by making prioritization decisions, representing things in the right order and with efficient visual hierarchy to ensure it serves the six main target audiences spelt out in the research section.
Website had user experience issues, certain sections needed on the home page were absent. Product page was inherently difficult to get to and navigate upon arrival. Article style pages needed laid down structure to ensure consistency.
After talking to both end users of the company’s website and also staff who frequent the site for certain reasons I gained a sense of what’s important, what’s essential and what should be removed.
I decided to note down local and international competition. I visited their websites, went through almost all their pages, with the aim of taking cues, seeing what and what was consistent across them,what was different and what was missing.
One thing I noticed is they weren’t very aesthetics focused. As for user experience only a few we’re up to par, the rest we’re somewhere between really bad to manageable.
Question was how do I present the pages that every person that arrives leaves satisfied and with what they came for.
I prioritized sections of the website using the serverityX technique to determine what order and arrangement would be optimal enough to serve all 6 categories of audience.
severity [Y] = [Task criticality x impact x frequency]
A functional well organized website efficient enough to ease whatever task a user comes on to perform on it.
We maintained the brands color palette though reduced saturation a bit to match the overall aesthetics I was aiming for.
I also made some custom icons
Below are the final designs of some pages along with a prototype video
I came out of this project with certain changes on my design ideologies as this was my first project in the health industry, I learnt that design sometimes could mean life and death and that as designers we owed it to the general populace to ensure our outputs are both useful and easy to use.
Reach out to me at email@example.com if you feel like telling me anything about this or other projects.
Click here to see documentation of my product design process.